September 29, 2008

Review: Pilot G-1 Grip 0.5mm Blue


As I re-read my handwritten review, I should have been more clear. The Pilot G-1 is the predecessor to the G-2 and G-3 - gogo numerical order! So as you can imagine, it writes similarly as well. It has been a while since I have used an 0.5mm G-2, but I remember it writing a little more cleanly than this G-1. Maybe it is the barrel design I prefer on the G-2, as well as the convenience of the retractable tip, that makes be like it better. The G-1 isn't a bad pen. It's just redundant these days.

One additional note:  I added a highlighter test at the request of a few readers.  The G-1 did very well in that regard, hardly smudging at all.  I barely gave it any time to dry either - I wrote the line, and then came right back over it with the highlighter.  I'll try to do this on other reviews from time to time, and I'll try to photograph it better as well.

2 comments:

passing meds said...

Thanks for the hightlight test!

Slywy said...

Tsk, tsk. Writes well. Now, where is my red pencil?